Boosting your health with IVs
We know – IVs can sound serious. But they’re actually one of the safest, most used treatments in the world. Every day millions of people get hooked up to IVs to improve their health status. We see IVs as a versatile and science-backed way of giving your body some extra love.
The background of IV therapy
If you picture white-walled hospital rooms and rushed nurses jabbing you, you’re not alone. Intravenous technology was first published in 1883, during a cholera epidemic in Britain, so to say it’s been around for a while is an understatement. Since then, they’ve taken the healthcare world by storm due to their incredible applicability, personalization, and ease-of-use.
What do IVs do?
In a nutshell, IVs work to deliver hydration, electrolytes and other nutrients or medications into the body fast for quick and effective results. As such, they are used for so many different situations. Whether you’re a marathon runner, overly ambitious partier, or cancer patient, it’s likely that you’d have an IV run for you if you were hospitalized.
In the past decade there has been a perspective shift as we ask ourselves, “if IVs are such great tools for health, why do we have to be really sick before we can benefit from them?” Health optimization and self-care are increasingly more important as prioritize health and push the boundaries of human longevity.
Nowadays, there are over a dozen lifestyle IV clinics in New York alone. Lifestyle IVs offer the same benefits as one you’d get in the hospital, minus the delivery of medications, for immediate and/or long-term benefits.
How do they support health?
IVs are a tool to deliver so many different essential nutrients for the body to thrive. In this way, they have the ability to support health in the following ways:
- Correct nutritional deficiencies faster than dietary reform or oral supplementation
- Deliver high-dose nutrients for therapeutic effects
- Provide rehydration or electrolyte balancing faster than oral hydration
- Deliver natural compounds like antioxidants (e.g. glutathione) or coenzymes (e.g. NAD+) to biohack your health
IV nutrient therapy delivers high doses of vitamins, minerals and other health compounds to help support a variety of conditions including sleep, immunity, anti-aging and much more.
聯絡我們 to talk to our team about our range of IV therapies and options for personalized therapies.
- Ali A, et al. (2008). Intravenous micronutrient therapy (Myers’ cocktail) for fibromyalgia: A placebo-controlled pilot study. ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2894814/
- Gaby AR. (2002). Intravenous nutrient therapy: The “Myers’ cocktail.”
- Intravenous vitamin therapy. (2014).
- Padayatty SJ, et al. (2010). Vitamin C: Intravenous use by complementary and alternative medicine practitioners and adverse effects. DOI:
- Pressman P, et al. (2017). Bioavailability of micronutrients obtained from supplements and food. journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/2397847317696366
- Shrader WA. (2004). Short and long term treatment of asthma with intravenous nutrients. DOI: